In wake of the recent rescue from God’s Thumb, the City of Lincoln City reminds the public to be aware of potential dangers when hiking areas in Lincoln City. It is important to know the correct route of access and the skill level of the hike. Make sure to let others know when and where you are hiking, and when you plan to return. It’s also a good idea to research the hiking destination beforehand and assess your ability with the difficulty of the hike. The best routes of access to the Knoll, with designated parking, are located on NE Sal-La-Sea Drive. Please review the following basic safety tips:
- Start a hike early, to be finished before dark.
- Adhere to all posted signs.
- Know the correct and safest route (carry maps if available) The Knoll Hike Map
- Let others know where you are hiking and when you plan to return home.
- Do not wait to call 911 if you need help.
- Plan for unexpected weather changes.
For more information on trails and hiking safety please contact Lincoln City Parks and Recreation Department at 541-994-2131.