Don’t miss out on the summer events at Lincoln City’s Driftwood Public Library.
- The Family Night activities at the library on Wednesdays at 6:30 PM continue to be VERY popular. Last week, 132 children and their families attended a performance from Alex Zerbe the Zaniac, a juggler and prop comedian. The remaining events are as follows:
- July 25th: Chayag: South American music
- August 1st: Brad Clark story songs
- August 8th: The Oregon Bird Man (live birds!)
- August 15th: Henrik Bothe, juggler and magician
- August 22nd: Oregon Rocks! (play with rocks and learn about geology)
- On Sunday, July 15th, the library hosted a free concert from professional violist Rose Hashimoto. She played a number of pieces, some traditional and some highly experimental, that showcase the versatility of the viola. Rose is a Juilliard-trained musician who resides in New York City, but who has family in Seattle and Oregon. This is the second time she has played free of charge at the library; the last time was with The Evergreen String Quartet in 2015. 41 people attended this performance, and many lingered afterward to talk to Rose about music and performing. Video of one of the more experimental pieces can be seen on the library’s Facebook page, here: https://www.facebook.com/DriftwoodPublicLibrary/videos/1841876439168972/